The Beatles. Great harmonies, great guitar work, inventive songs, arrangements and recording techniques. Anybody who doesn’t give them a well-deserved nod of respect needs to step back and really listen to some of their work. A lot of people, myself included, consider them to be one of the greatest rock bands in history.
Or at least I did.
I’ve opened my eyes, now I want to help open yours.
This is the Problem:
You cannot escape the beatles … Disagree? Walk into a bookstore, this time with your eyes open. There is at least one new book written every week, at Christmas these figures quadruple. Every mundane aspect of their lives has been chronicled in pictures and biography after biography. Do you really need to know what John Lennon ate for breakfast on July 3rd, 1968? Do you care that Paul McCartney once had a boil on his ass? Who said what, when, to whom and why? Is this band so important to the world that over twenty thousand books still can’t say enough? Ask yourself, do they really need to have five shelves in the music section, as well as taking up space under biography, art, photography, pop culture, movies, sociology, pre-school curricula, children’s books, poetry, cooking, graphic novels, calendars, business, law, philosophy, self-help, religion, comicbooks…
The list is endless. […]
Walk to your car and turn on the radio. Even if you don’t put on your favorite cd, or even listen to classic rock radio, you will hear the beatles! Alt. rock covers, country covers, orchestral versions, jazz versions, easy listening instrumentals, reggae, dub, dance, R&B, you name it. If you aren’t exposed to them through station programming you will hear them during the commercials. Turn on the TV, same thing.
-Walk into an office building or a shopping mall. You will hear beatles muzak.
-Walk down the street. You will hear buskers playing them.
-Cars driving by will be blaring them.
-Migrant farm workers forgo the work chants of old and instead sweat to the rhythm of Oh Darlin’.
-When you go into the bar to drown your sorrows if there isn’t a band playing a cover you’re guaranteed to hear them either on the jukebox or the house system.
You’ve heard the beatles everyday since you’ve been born.
Download Music VideosUse YouTube Downloader for much, much more than downloading YouTube videos.
- Every Day is Halloween: The Evolution of Ministry
- Giorgio Mainerio - Caro Ortolano
- Grateful Dead - Hell in a Bucket
- Music Videos Making Reference to The Holy Mountain by Alejandro Jodorowsky: Erykah Badu Edition
- Ray Noble & The New Mayfair Dance Orchestra - Make Yourself a Happiness Pie
- Skrjablin - The Musical Cliché Figure Signifying The Far East
- John Zewizz Appreciation Society
- Intonarumoron Style Guide
- Tom Ellard - Sevcom Closes CD Shop
- The Victory Cry of the Bull Ape
in TONE a rue MORE on – Recent 75…
- Grateful Dead – Hell in a Bucket
- Carpenter Brut – Escape from Midwich Valley
- Poison Idea – Bog
- Peaking Lights – Breakdown
- Richard Dawson – Poor Old Horse
- Ian Andrews – HiFi Facts
- Steve Reich – Come Out
- Reece Shearsmith – Put on a Happy Face
- Brian Eno – Dead Finks Don’t Talk
- Clark – Shuttle Track
- Vietnam Gong Ensemble
- Plaid – T.E.T.H.E.R.
- Nathan Shields – Pancake Fluit
- Anonymous – Turkey in the Straw
- Karsten Pflum – Impulse 11
- Sosaku Kalimba Kobo – Jesus, Joy of Man’s Desiring
- Murcof – Rostro
- Giorgio Mainerio – Caro Ortolano
- Dux Content – Lifestyle
- GuiGui Zheng – Piano Performance
- Three Instruments
- Rick James: You and I
- Moritz Simon Geist – MR808
- Jim Croce – Operator
- Cotton Eye Joe – The Country Sisters
- Corvus Corax – Saltarello
- Peaches – AAXXX
- Rachid Taha, Mick Jones, Brian Eno – Rock the Casbah
- Sachal Studios – Take Five
- Bonnie Poe and Bela Lugosi – Betty Boop Meets Dracula
- Chairman Kim Makes My Panties Wet
- Kate Bush – Sat in Your Lap
- QT – Hey QT
- Pete Shelley – Telephone Operator
- Leslie Lemke – Concert for Mom
- Liquid Sky (1982)
- Apache – The Shadows
- Dyko – Autobahn
- 3 Guys and a Tractor
- Laibach – Warm Leatherette
- Blade Runner Geisha Eating Candy
- Adi Ulmansky – Was It You?
- Hexstatic – Guerilla Gig
- Frank Perri – Bach Cantata BWV 147, Jesu Joy of Man’s Desiring
- Mark Mothersbaugh – Thinking Cap
- FKA Twigs – How’s That
- Julien Neel – In einem kühlen Grunde
- Foxdye – Foxdye’s Big Ass Rave Rental And Drug Storage
- Cab Calloway – Zaz Zuh Zaz
- Sonata in Cmaj by Karl Freidreich Abel on the Slide Whistle